Squash Your Sugar Cravings with these 5 Powerful Tips
Lately, you may have found yourself reaching for sweet or salty foods, whether it’s for a quick burst of energy between Zoom meetings or to feel a sense of comfort at the end of a long day.
After all, sugar is the fastest and easiest source of energy! Too much of it can result in imbalances in our blood sugar. In fact, excess sugar can lead to an increase in disease-causing bacteria and in turn give rise to inflammation, mood swings, stress response triggers, and more
Here are five steps you can take to reduce sugar cravings and balance your blood sugar:
1. Eat protein and vegetables before consuming simple carbs. Doing so will fuel your body with nutrient-dense and fiber-packed foods and prevent overeating sugar.
2. Incorporate metabolism-boosting spices, like cayenne, cinnamon, turmeric, and cardamom, to help the body burn sugar faster and promote a healthy gut lining. Plus, these spices are perfect for fall!
3. Weed out simple sugars and artificial sweeteners by opting for complex carbohydrates like beets, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash, which are naturally sweet and in season.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. As you might have noticed, less and poor-quality sleep can make you feel hungrier than usual and increase your cravings for processed foods and refined sugar.
5. Vary your workouts with strength or resistance training exercises. While breaking a sweat is helpful all around, exercises that focus on building strength can help lower blood sugar by storing blood glucose in your muscles.
Remember, you don’t have to make theses changes all at once. Pick one from the list that seems do-able for you and give it a try for a day.
If you still want help with any of the tips mentioned and want a real game plan with how to move forward with your new habits, I’m available for a chat!
Click here to see if our schedules can colide.
Hi, I'm Melissa
Holistic Health Coach
Welcome! As a health coach I help you learn how to feel good about food and healthy living. Your body is your home. Let's hang out and I'll teach you how to be well without dieting. Thanks for being here!
Don’t let over eating make you feel defeated or like you have no power when it comes to food or your hunger. You can totally go from over eating to eating just the right amount for your hunger level in three simple steps. I’m going to guide you through the 3 P’s to...
Did you know you can easily make your own soothing non-toxic hand soap at home only using 4 ingredients? Foaming hand soap has been a favorite thing of mine since I discovered it. Like, what did we do before it, gel hand soap?...😊 But with hand soap comes a myriad of...
Plant based chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth. Cookies so good, my husband asks for them by name. Specifically because they're made with tahini. Adding the tahini to this recipe adds more plant based goodness to this cookie and makes it crave-able because...
Your information is private