Quinoa Buddha Salad
You’re going to love this Quinoa Buddha Salad Bowl.
I get inspired from foods that I eat while I’m out and about. This recipe was inspired from a quinoa salad that I got at a local grocery store. The salad had all the necessary ingredients to keep me full for a few hours and give me sustained energy.
I decided to recreate it at home with the ingredients I remembered and with some additional ingredients and flavors.
This salad is so easy to make that I think it’ll become a go-to salad I make for get togethers and bbq’s.
Here’s how to make it:
Quinoa Buddha Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons water
- sea salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1.5 cups organic soybeans frozen
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions.
- Mince the garlic and add it to a warm pan with the olive oil.
- Rinse, destem, and chop the kale into small pieces. Add it to the pan with olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium.
- Heat the soybeans in a pot of water until warmed through.
- Chop the cabbage and add it to a large bowl. Add the sunflower seeds.
- Once cooked, add the quinoa, kale, and soybeans to the large bowl.
- Top with lemon garlic tahini dressing or your fav homemade dressing.
- Toss and enjoy.
- Makes 2-3 big servings, or 4-5 small servings. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen most nights (Who's kidding, any night). It may seem like I'm always in the kitchen, but my goal is to always make a nutritious meal in the least amount of time. That's why I love using black beans to make easy dish's....
Spring cleaning really should extend to more corners of our lives than the corners of our homes. Do you ever notice how fresh and light you feel when you clean your house for spring? Try it on your life in just one weekend, and you'll feel more refreshed than you can...
This might be one of my favorite vegetarian dishes. This recipe incorporates a few simple and delicious ingredients to create something so satisfying and complete. When people wonder how vegetarians get their protein, this dish is the perfect example of how protein is...
Your information is private