Easy Black Bean Tacos
I don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen most nights (Who’s kidding, any night).
It may seem like I’m always in the kitchen, but my goal is to always make a nutritious meal in the least amount of time. That’s why I love using black beans to make easy dish’s.
I’m a big believer in healthy food being delicious and not taking hours to prepare. That’s why today I’m sharing one of my go-to weeknight meals with you. If you like tacos, but think they require too much prep, then this spin on tacos will be right up your alley. It’s a one pan meal and the avocado cream sauce will have you licking the spoon.
- 2 cans black beans or 1 cup cooked
- 1/3 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin a few shakes of each to your liking
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- tortillas I used Siete Foods cassava flour tortillas
- Add the oil, onions, garlic, and bell pepper to a warm pan.
- Saute on medium for about 5 mins.
- Next add the beans and the spices to the pan, stir and cover.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- While the food is cooking, prep your toppings and tortillas and make the avocado crema.
- Once everything is cooked through, assemble your tacos.
Creamy Avocado Crema
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 lime juiced about 2 tablespoons
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt to taste
- Mash the avocado with a fork or blend in a food processor.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until the crema forms a thick consistency.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to loosen the consistency if you prefer it thinner.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You’re going to love this Quinoa Buddha Salad Bowl. I get inspired from foods that I eat while I’m out and about. This recipe was inspired from a quinoa salad that I got at a local grocery store. The salad had all the necessary ingredients to keep me full for a few...
Spring cleaning really should extend to more corners of our lives than the corners of our homes. Do you ever notice how fresh and light you feel when you clean your house for spring? Try it on your life in just one weekend, and you'll feel more refreshed than you can...
This might be one of my favorite vegetarian dishes. This recipe incorporates a few simple and delicious ingredients to create something so satisfying and complete. When people wonder how vegetarians get their protein, this dish is the perfect example of how protein is...
Your information is private