Cucumber Summer Salad
This Cucumber Salad makes for the perfect summer salad.
It’s light and refreshing, and bursting with flavor.
I have my husband to thank for creating this salad after he was inspired by how I dressed some plain cucumbers one day.
This salad can be added to another salad or eaten alone or with your favorite cut of fresh fish. It’s a delightful blend of cooling, water filled veggies (fruits) that you’ll want to pile high.
Cucumber Summer Salad
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatos diced or halved
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/3 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds optional
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Peel the cucumber (optional) and dice into cubes. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves or quarters, add to the bowl with cucumbers.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper and cut and dice into small pieces. Add to the bowl.
- Dice the onion and add it to the bowl.
- Add the sunflower seeds. (optional)
- Measure the oil, vinegar, and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and add to the bowl with the salad. Toss gently to mix the salad with the dressing. Serve or chill and serve.
Hi, I'm Melissa
Holistic Health Coach
Welcome! As a health coach I help you learn how to feel good about food and healthy living. Your body is your home. Let's hang out and I'll teach you how to be well without dieting. Thanks for being here!
Does Worrying about Your Weight Make Thanksgiving less enjoyable? I know this time of the year can bring up a lot of worry and anxiety about eating too much food and and weight gain. You might feel like throwing caution to the wind with your habits, and wait to start...
One of the best things I’ve done for my health is becoming aware of my breath by using the 4-7-8 breath method. Many of us take short, shallow breaths that only reach our chests--as if we're not fully engaging the full breath and holding our breath all day. It’s time...
Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Brownies For when you want brownies and it's the middle of fall. I added pumpkin and cinnamon to these brownies because I didn't have applesauce, and it felt like a no brainer because applesauce and pumpkin puree have a similar consistency. Plus,...