Chewy Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies [plant based]
Plant based chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth.
Cookies so good, my husband asks for them by name. Specifically because they’re made with tahini.
Adding the tahini to this recipe adds more plant based goodness to this cookie and makes it crave-able because of the added chewy texture. I’m 100% team chewy cookie, how about you?
I will always strive to make my cookies soft and, sink your teeth in, good! Don’t hesitate to make these, they’re filled with fiber, protein, and healthy fat. There is never any guilt when you bake your own goodies and especially these because they are loaded with so much goodness.
Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies [ Plant Based ]
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg 2 tablespoons of ground flax 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or semi sweet chips￼￼
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax seed with the water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, tahini, and avocado oil to a large mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Next add the vanilla and flax eggs and mix well.
- Mix the almond flour, sea salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix combine with a spatula until a wet dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Hi, I'm Melissa
Holistic Health Coach
Welcome! As a health coach I help you learn how to feel good about food and healthy living. Your body is your home. Let's hang out and I'll teach you how to be well without dieting. Thanks for being here!
Lately, you may have found yourself reaching for sweet or salty foods, whether it’s for a quick burst of energy between Zoom meetings or to feel a sense of comfort at the end of a long day. After all, sugar is the fastest and easiest source of energy! Too much of it...
Don’t let over eating make you feel defeated or like you have no power when it comes to food or your hunger. You can totally go from over eating to eating just the right amount for your hunger level in three simple steps. I’m going to guide you through the 3 P’s to...
Did you know you can easily make your own soothing non-toxic hand soap at home only using 4 ingredients? Foaming hand soap has been a favorite thing of mine since I discovered it. Like, what did we do before it, gel hand soap?...😊 But with hand soap comes a myriad of...