Chewy Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies [plant based]
Plant based chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth.
Cookies so good, my husband asks for them by name. Specifically because they’re made with tahini.
Adding the tahini to this recipe adds more plant based goodness to this cookie and makes it crave-able because of the added chewy texture. I’m 100% team chewy cookie, how about you?
I will always strive to make my cookies soft and, sink your teeth in, good! Don’t hesitate to make these, they’re filled with fiber, protein, and healthy fat. There is never any guilt when you bake your own goodies and especially these because they are loaded with so much goodness.
Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies [ Plant Based ]
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg 2 tablespoons of ground flax 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or semi sweet chips￼￼
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax seed with the water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, tahini, and avocado oil to a large mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Next add the vanilla and flax eggs and mix well.
- Mix the almond flour, sea salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix combine with a spatula until a wet dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Hi, I'm Melissa
Holistic Health Coach
Welcome! As a health coach I help you learn how to feel good about food and healthy living. Your body is your home. Let's hang out and I'll teach you how to be well without dieting. Thanks for being here!
Does Worrying about Your Weight Make Thanksgiving less enjoyable? I know this time of the year can bring up a lot of worry and anxiety about eating too much food and and weight gain. You might feel like throwing caution to the wind with your habits, and wait to start...
One of the best things I’ve done for my health is becoming aware of my breath by using the 4-7-8 breath method. Many of us take short, shallow breaths that only reach our chests--as if we're not fully engaging the full breath and holding our breath all day. It’s time...
Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Brownies For when you want brownies and it's the middle of fall. I added pumpkin and cinnamon to these brownies because I didn't have applesauce, and it felt like a no brainer because applesauce and pumpkin puree have a similar consistency. Plus,...