All Season Kale Salad
What’s your take on kale?
I recently made my famous kale salad for a super small dinner party the other day, and it was a hit.
I make this salad a few times a year especially for get togethers and BBQ’s because it’s a crowd pleaser. Plus, you get a mighty dose of greens, flavor, and it’s super easy to make.
I call it the All Season Kale Salad because it’s flexible. You can add or takeaway ingredients based on the season.
Print the recipe and watch the video to learn how I make this super simple kale salad.
All Season Kale Salad
- 2 heads of organic kale - rinsed ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups shredded organic carrots
- 12 oz organic blueberries
- 1 cup unsalted whole cashews gently crush into pieces
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey/maple syrup
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- Rinse and drain the kale, then remove the ribs from the kale until you are left with the leafy pieces. Next chop (rough chop) the kale into bite sized piece.
- Add the kale to a large bowl (if you're making the salad a day early, I like to drizzle olive oil on the kale and toss it and let it sit) next add the shredded carrots, blueberries, cashews and sunflower seeds.
- Mix gently to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the dressing and toss gently until the kale leaves are coated with the dressing.
For the Dressing
- Measure out all of the ingredients and add them to a bowl or mason jar.
- Whisk together or shake until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. *If you have a salad dressing bottle, add the ingredients to the bottle and shake well.
Hi, I'm Melissa
Holistic Health Coach
Welcome! As a health coach I help you learn how to feel good about food and healthy living. Your body is your home. Let's hang out and I'll teach you how to be well without dieting. Thanks for being here!
Does Worrying about Your Weight Make Thanksgiving less enjoyable? I know this time of the year can bring up a lot of worry and anxiety about eating too much food and and weight gain. You might feel like throwing caution to the wind with your habits, and wait to start...
One of the best things I’ve done for my health is becoming aware of my breath by using the 4-7-8 breath method. Many of us take short, shallow breaths that only reach our chests--as if we're not fully engaging the full breath and holding our breath all day. It’s time...
Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Brownies For when you want brownies and it's the middle of fall. I added pumpkin and cinnamon to these brownies because I didn't have applesauce, and it felt like a no brainer because applesauce and pumpkin puree have a similar consistency. Plus,...