7 ways to declutter for spring without spending money
Spring cleaning really should extend to more corners of our lives than the corners of our homes.
Do you ever notice how fresh and light you feel when you clean your house for spring? Try it on your life in just one weekend, and you’ll feel more refreshed than you can imagine.
I’ve got some great suggestions on how to clear that clutter out of your life to welcome positivity along with the warmer weather.
- Adjust your finances – Do you have auto-renew memberships you’re not utilizing? Paying too much for your insurance? Spending too much on coffee? Take a look at your finances and find ways to trim out unnecessary expenses. Bonus: you’ll have more money for what matters!
- Get spring cleaning on wheels – Messy cars can make you feel cluttered and uneasy on the road. Give it a good cleaning inside and out, and you’ll feel like a new person.
- Free your mind – Our minds suffer the most when we have too much going on. This spring, start meditating to clear out the things that are holding you back. You’ll free your mind and relieve that mental fatigue for better clarity. Try downloading an app like Headspace or Calm, and work on meditating for 10 minutes a day.
- Tidy up your schedule – Are you so busy running here and there with the kids, trying to make it to soccer games and parties and everything in between? Tighten up your schedule and stop trying to please everyone. Focus on what really needs to be done, and leave wiggle room for adding in last minute things that come up. With a less cluttered schedule.
- Clean up your routine – If you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, you probably are. Try shaking up your routine any way you can. It could be as simple as jogging the opposite direction around your favorite lake, trying a new class at the gym, or doing something you’ve always wanted to do for yourself each week.
- Delete unproductive apps – Are you spending too much time scrolling through social media? Perhaps you’ve got a time-wasting game on there you’re ready to ditch, also. Toss those out if you’re wasting time on them, and you’ll find you have more time to do things you love.
- Make a spring resolution – Who says the New Year is the only time you can set goals and charge ahead for them? I say spring forward toward them with a proper resolution — what’s your spring resolution?
Which one of these suggestions do you feel compelled to move forward with?
This might be one of my favorite vegetarian dishes. This recipe incorporates a few simple and delicious ingredients to create something so satisfying and complete. When people wonder how vegetarians get their protein, this dish is the perfect example of how protein is...
I'm so glad you're here, and I hope you're as excited as I am about this Daily Walking Challenge throughout March. If you are looking for easy and inexpensive ways to improve your health, drinking enough water and taking daily walks are two things that are completely...
It’s possible to have a productive morning without anxiety and overwhelm before you start your work day. When you add more intentional steps to your morning, your energy is created from within. Coffee is great, but have you ever tasted a cacao chai latte? I love and...
Your information is private